It's too bad most of us only stop once a year to give thanks for all the things we have. Occasionally a near-fatal accident or sickness lends a thankful heart, but giving thanks is as important on Thanksgiving as it is on a Tuesday.
Top Ten Things I'm Thankful For:
1. My husband. Erik is my best friend and I'm not just saying that. For the longest time it's been just us, and I like it that way.
2. Family. They drive me crazy in the best way. No one in the world makes me laugh as hard as my sisters-which usually involves laughing at my mom. Aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers, sisters and parents make my life uniquely complete.
3. Teaching. If there were no teaching I would be poor and lonely with too much time on my hands. Besides that, all those mushy emotional rewards are great too.
4. The Internet. The glory of the Internet-someone should write some sonnets about it. I could not live without it. Take my phone, my car, my chapstick, but I cannot live without Google.
5. Jersey City. The best city in the world, for me, for now. This place has given me a home when I had nothing. I'm committed to this place and I like that.
6. Bravery. I never knew I was brave, but I am. So I guess I owe some of that to bravery itself.
7. Equal Rights. Fairness is cool!
8. I Love Lucy. Funny, comforting, and safe. You can't go wrong with Lucy.
9. Toothbrushes. Do I really need to explain?
10. Lotion. Winter is killer on skin and without lotion I'd have to use every muscle I have just to stretch my face to speak.
Thank you, too for reading and supporting my blog! I love you!
Post a Comment