The rules for this award are simple:
I am to thank the giver of the award and link to their blog. (see above) I am supposed to share 5 things about myself. And I am supposed to link to 5 new blogging recipients of my choosing and notify them. So ...
5 things about me:
1. My current obsession is Farmville on Facebook. And not surprising either. My not-so-secret pipe dream is have a hobby farm someday. A few cows, a couple llamas, some goats, and a coop full of chickens.
2. I'm a Christian. I believe Jesus is the son of God and that he came to Earth to live, teach, and eventually die for the sins of all human beings. I respect all religions and believe that as long as people are living a life that is beneficial to themselves and others then the world will spin beautifully.
3. I just read the book Mindset and I highly recommend it. Technically it's a "self help" book but really it just teaches the reader that there are ways to handle life's "lemons" other than puckering up the sour tastes.
4. For 7 years I played the band in middle school and high school and I miss reading music terribly. I wish I had time to play the shaker in a jazz band or even the courage to play Old MacDonald for my second graders.
5. I'm 8 weeks away from giving birth and I LOVE being pregnant. But I refuse to be one of those people who say dumb things to moms like "When are you having another baby?" or "My friend said they were going back to work after the baby and they didn't so you probably won't either." It is possible to be a mom and WANT to work at the same time.
This is where I'm supposed to list 5 blogs written by people who have made lemonade out of lemons. I'd rather expand my own horizons by asking you all to suggest blogs you think fit this description. So let's hear it!!!
Food is Love,